Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Out of Time


How is it that a year has past but the pain has not?
I imagine you vibrant, intense, whole and full of the energy of life. It is the only way I can cope with your absence. My life ended with yours, and it is only now slowly returning to me under this veil of tears. I pray that yours continues on the Other Side of that Rainbow Bridge that I shall one day cross. Your face is the only thing I long to see on that day, bounding towards me with eyes clear and bright, full of the sun, full of the Son....

2 comments:

gail said...

Katy: This drawing is exquisite. from one dog lover to another....I can see how much you love and miss him....Gail

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Gail. I had not intended to do that drawing, but, obviously, "someone" intended that it be done--it just sort of flowed out of me. I am really feeling a pull to do dog portraits, especially ones that portray that inner essence that we lovers of dogs know so well.
And...when you name a dog Mychal Angelo, I guess one might just expect that his presence in the universe would touch more than just one heart and I'd end up sharing him sooner than I would have chosen.