Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ravens



The Color of Wind 12 x 12

Through the Storm 12 x 12

Morning Song 12 x 12 SOLD


These ravens are all local characters, and their territory includes the airspace around my home. You're lucky if you can capture a decent photo of a raven, as they are wary of having their pictures taken, as though they believe along with some aboriginal folks, that their soul will be stolen by the camera.  Nevertheless, my husband and a friend managed to capture the souls of these fellows on film, and I did my best to express that lively exhuberance that all ravens seem to possess on canvas.  All three are oil on gallery-wrapped canvas, 12" x 12" and can be seen in person at  The Watermelon Gallery in Cedar Crest starting June 1-July 5.    I'll give more details on my upcoming show later.

No comments: