Monday, June 7, 2010

Sadie Blue Jeans


It's hard to describe that feeling of mutual adoration that so many of us who love dogs almost take for granted. It's a symbiotic relationship of mutual neediness. Those who love and respect dogs as fellow created beings know exactly what I mean, and I need no words to describe it. Sadly, for those whom dogs are just another soulless species of animal life there are not enough words to convey the emotion. It can only be experienced . This little dog, lying at my feet, looks up at me with love and adoration, and I return the gaze. We sigh, content with the unspoken satisfaction that only trust in the faithfulness of love can bring.

.


Oil on linen covered board 8" x 10"

Inquiries invited: katy@katywidger.com

Dog portraits on commission http://www.katywidger.com/

No comments: