Sunday, January 27, 2008

Barnmouse No. 2


This could possibly be the same mouse as Barnmouse No. 1, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
Inasmuch as I see them for only minutes each day, I have been able to discern different personalities. Barnmouse No. 1 is bold and daring. He barely hesitates in coming to claim his morning peanut. This one here will come out of the hole under the wall when I call to him, ("Good Morning, Little Mice!") but he (or she, I have no way of knowing!) is more hesitant to claim his morning prize.
This morning, I laid a peanut on the edge of the 2 x 4 that Mouse No. 1 is perched on in his portrait below, and waited a mere second for him to claim it. No. 2 met him on his way into an adjacent hole behind a post, and I could hear them tussling over it. Maybe they shared. It was a big peanut. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a silent observer of mouse society in the barn!
Once again, using the limited four-color palette of Rembrandt. He knew his stuff!
Barnmouse No. 2
Oil on Board
3.5" x 5"
$40.00

No comments: